Hunter Mill Swim & Racquet Club
MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLE SUMMER 2017!
Apply online or email Kristen McBrayer at
** NVSL Division 2 Swim Team**
WELCOME TO THE 2017 SEASON!!!
Now that spring is in the air, the Club’s Board Members, Officers and Committee Chairs are busy with preparations for opening day (Saturday, May 27th)! As always, we are here to serve your interests and needs for a wonderful time swimming, playing tennis, socializing and just kicking back and lounging on the deck. If there is anything you would like us to address throughout the season, please don’t hesitate to call on us. We hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer!
This Sunday, May 7th, there is the Swim Kick-off Meeting and the Tennis Kick-off Meeting:
- Swim Team – 4-5pm in the Clubhouse.
- Tennis – 3-6pm at the tennis courts. Bring your racquets!
Pool hours have been extended.
- Operationally, Guardian Aquatics will be back providing lifeguards and daily management of the pool. If you know anyone who would like to lifeguard – see the attached flyer. Prospective lifeguards who have yet to complete lifeguard certification can still apply. Guardian Aquatics offers Red Cross lifeguarding courses and recertification classes in May.
- The major repairs made to the pool in 2016 included a complete re-plaster of the pool. The plaster has since fully cured. We also just replaced the main pump for the pool and replaced the diving board. We expect the pool to be in great shape on opening day.
- To stay current on weather closings or other pool information, follow @HMSRC on Twitter. For those not on Twitter, you can find the latest tweets on the column to the right.
- We still have memberships available for this summer, so it you know any families interested in joining our Club, please encourage them to fill out an application online.
- Please keep all of your contact information current: household members’ names, email addresses, mailing address, and phone numbers by sending any change requests to . We strongly encourage you to have at least two email addresses on file to ensure you receive updates and information about social events.
- If you have specific questions regarding your membership, please contact me at .
- We have lots of fun and exciting social events planned for this summer. See the Social Page.
- Want to throw a party? Gazebo or clubhouse rental is now a flat fee of $125 for up to 15 non-member guests - additional non-member guests are $5/guest; reservations to be paid in advance; reserve early.
- Exciting News!!! – We have our new coaches, Coach Jason and Coach Jay, they have been working hard in preparation for the upcoming swim season. Also, Jennifer Riggle has graciously agreed to become a swim team representative and will be working alongside Anne Moriarty and Shannon DeLacy this year and then taking over the swim team rep role the summer of 2018.
- We’re in Division 2 once again and will be facing 2 new opponents (Ravensworth and Fairfax) and we’re continuing in the Vienna league for our Monday night meets.
- Check out the swim team calendar here: https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?team=recnvhm
- If you haven’t registered for Swim Team (including Mini-Sharks), please do so at: https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?team=recnvhm
- If you're not sure that you're on the distribution list (all families from last season are still on the list), send an email to and we'll make sure you're kept up to date.
Happy Spring, Tennis Enthusiasts!
- As you may all have heard, Ben, the junior pro for the last 2 years has moved to California. So, we've been on the hunt for a replacement for the summer camps, lessons and drills. We are in talks with Cardinal Hill Swim Club about utilizing one of their fantastic tennis pros to run the summer camp, adult clinics, and be available for private lessons.
- Interested in signing your child up for the summer tennis lesson program? The sessions are tentatively planned for Monday - Thursday 8 - 8:55am; 9 - 9:55am and 10:30 - 11:25am.
- Session 1: June 27 - July 8 (Monday-Thursday)
- Session 2: July 11 - July 21 (Monday-Thursday)
- Session 3: July 25 - August 4 (Monday-Thursday)
- The cost would be around $125/student for each session. We are trying to get an early “head count” of the number of participants – please email me at: with the ages of the children interested in lessons, the preferred sessions, the preferred timeslot and the level of skill of each child (beginner or intermediate).
- Remember to reserve the tennis courts by using our automated Tennis Reservation System.
LOOKING FORWARD TO A FANTASTIC 2017 SEASON!
Regularly visit our website at www.huntermill.org for the latest news and events.
Have a suggestion, idea or a concern? Please contact a Board member or Committee Chair – their information is listed at Contacts.